ChooseAbility | News and Inspiration for PWDs. Blogs too.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Paul Campos blog entry "Frustrations" part 5

Well, here I am again, sitting in front of my computer writing about my ordeal with my broken down power wheelchair. Yesterday was Day 7 without being able to use my wheelchair, and it was another frustrating experience. When I woke up early in the morning on Friday, I tried to find out the status of my order by calling Invacare directly. It was then that I learned that not only was the order not placed, but that one of the parts wouldn't be available until Monday, October 29. There seems to be a two day leeway for the major piece to be ready for shipping. At first, they were talking about Wednesday being the earliest day it can be shipped, but after pressing them, the controller and one of the other parts, suddenly appeared on the computer screen of the representative I was speaking with. He was, further, able to figure out that all three parts will be shipped overnight on Monday. I then called the extremely nice young lady who handles the orders for the Vendor and she informed me that the credit card number was incorrect. After straightening that out, she told me she would get back to me sometime later. She never did get back to me, but I already pushed Invacare to give me the information I needed.

I must say I am not as angry as I was the other day, but that's probably because I'm channeling my energy into writing which will ultimately help me get the word out about this situation. I'm lucky to have the kind of home care that helps me to keep on moving forward so I can tackle whatever life wants to throw at me. Dealing with the bureaucracy isn't fun and surely isn't easy. If you are reading this and the subject interests you, e-mail it to a friend. Getting the word out is exactly what will help to change things from the absurd, to something that actually makes sense. The more the merrier, I always say. We'll see what Monday brings.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

© ChooseAbility, All rights reserved. Identity design by Martin Rigby. home ChooseAbility