ChooseAbility | News and Inspiration for PWDs. Blogs too.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Paul Campos blog entry "Frustrations" part 3

Today is Wednesday and I spent most of my day calling surgical supply companies who say they carry "parts" for my TDX3 power wheelchair. Unfortunately, they would have to do the same that I've been doing for the last couple of days -- talking to customer service at Invacare to ascertain whether or not they have the parts that need to be ordered to fix my wheelchair. There are no dealers who have the parts in stock in case people want to buy them. I don't know about you, but this scenario doesn't feel right at all. This situation is affecting many others who depend on their wheelchairs in order to get around and live their lives. Something has to be done to make it easier for people to keep their equipment in working condition, or, at least to have an alternative that will keep people active. One thing that would be helpful would be to have the main parts (such as "the brain" or, in other words, the part that controls the wheelchair) available at the vendor where the individual originally purchased the wheelchair. It wouldn't be feasible to have all the parts available, but at least the ones that allow the chair to run in the first place. Things like casters, batteries, tires, etc. can always be ordered whenever it is needed. This way, the consumer will not be inconvenienced for more than two or three days. A person in my condition, however, cannot be immobile for much longer than that. My situation has left me high and dry, unable to accomplish some of the things I needed to do. Some of which would have made me some money, and believe me, that is something I truly am lacking at the moment.

One of my friends offered to buy the parts that I need in order to "get me back to business". Let's see what happens tomorrow when I try to find a way to get another vendor to purchase and order the parts I need for my TDX3.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

© ChooseAbility, All rights reserved. Identity design by Martin Rigby. home ChooseAbility