ChooseAbility | News and Inspiration for PWDs. Blogs too.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Paul Campos blog entry "frustrations" Part 1

It sure seems to me, as I sit here in my motorized wheelchair immobilized for the third day in a row, life is made up of a series of events that either make you or break you. While it is true that everyone experiences frustrations, there are some that are unique. This time, however, it is my intention to take my frustrations and channel them for the good of all those with similar circumstances.

First, let me explain the disastrous scenario I find myself in. Friday night (October 19) I was sitting in my room helping a friend on my computer. As always, I tilted my wheelchair up and then down to relieve the pain caused by my headrest. When I tried to drive my chair into the living room, the chair would not respond. After some troubleshooting, I realized that this would be the beginning of what could be a long weekend, and then some. I ended up going to bed resigning myself to deal with this the following day.

On Saturday, I spent the day surfing the web and making phone calls to see if I could get my hands on a power chair rental, or to find out the cost and the attainability of wheelchair parts. Needless to say, there was nothing I could do over the weekend. Today (Monday) I wasn't feeling very well, but I was able to make an appointment with Homecare Supply for tomorrow. This surgical supply company originally handled the purchase of a ride power wheelchair back in 2004.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

© ChooseAbility, All rights reserved. Identity design by Martin Rigby. home ChooseAbility