ChooseAbility | News and Inspiration for PWDs. Blogs too.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Paul Campos comment on "Music within " Sings a Beautiful Song Post

I was reading the last post about the upcoming film, "Music Within", and I really hope it will be something that we can sink our teeth into. So far I have heard good things about it. We don't want the perception that someone's life is tragic because they are disabled or have become disabled later in life. It would be nice to see that whatever tragedy there is in the film will be handled in a way that doesn't turn off the audience. The article says the film is also uplifting. I pray that "uplifting" means it is uplifting in a way that isn't contrived. I heard many people complain that "I am Sam", with Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer, was too contrived, and therefore, missed its mark. I want to see a movie with a powerful message, much like "Coming Home", with John Voight and Jane Fonda, which was groundbreaking for that time. I guess only time will tell. I hope I get the chance to see it soon.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

© ChooseAbility, All rights reserved. Identity design by Martin Rigby. home ChooseAbility