ChooseAbility | News and Inspiration for PWDs. Blogs too.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Paul Campos comment on "Generating 'oohs' and 'ahhs' " Post

Here's an interesting article on The Vocal Joystick. I must say that it sounds like this is the way to go for people who don't have the use of their hands. About the only concern I have is when you have to speak louder in order to make the cursor move faster. Although I am able to speak with the use of my portable ventilator, I am still not able to raise my voice (or speak much louder) to make much of a difference. I still would like to try it regardless. The article makes some good points about how this voice technology may be better than the Brain Interfaces which have been recently developed. I wonder just how many people are in the same predicament as myself. Technology is surely making incredible strides. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

© ChooseAbility, All rights reserved. Identity design by Martin Rigby. home ChooseAbility